Healing is mentioned 138 times in the Bible. 1/5 of Jesus’ ministry was healing. One of God’s names is “The Lord who heals” Exodus 15:26, and so, therefore, it is God’s nature to heal. Healing is not just something God does, its Someone He is. He is the Healer. Therefore, our faith is not in healing but in the Healer. It’s also Jesus’ desire to heal. He leper came and asked, “If You willing, You can make me clean?” Jesus replied, “I am willing”. (Reference Luke 5:13). Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever the same. He is still willing today to heal. The most important reason we believe in healing is because Jesus bore our sin along with our sickness on the cross. Matthew 8:16-17. Therefore, sickness is illegal in our body.Healing is not just something God does, its Someone He is. Click To Tweet
A musician does not play the piano to prove that he has fingers, although playing piano proves that he has fingers. The musician plays the piano because he loves music. Jesus does not heal just to prove that He is God, He heals to reveal that He is good.
And said, “If you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the Lord who heals you.”Exodus 15:26
One of the most powerful verses on healing and divine health. First, God introduces divine health which comes from following His commandments. God’s principles bring health. Some of these principles include drinking plenty of water since your body is 70% made of water. Other principles include healthy eating, we know gluttony is a sin. Esau ate himself out of his blessing. Many people lose their destiny today because their diet is really bad. Active living is another tip for good health and restorative sleep.Principles of the kingdom bring divine health. Power of the kingdom bring divine healing. Click To Tweet
But sometimes we can do all of that and still get sick because we live in a fallen world. Also, the world is full of demons and our bodies were born in sin. God introduces Himself to us as our Healer.
This healing can come from God in 10 ways:
1. Forgiving those who hurt us. In the parable of the unforgiving servant, Jesus shared that he was throned to torment and torturers Matthew 9:2. Even medical science connects stress to many offenses and illnesses that we develop. If you feel like you have a right to an offense, then remember, the devil has a right to hold you in bondage.If you feel like you have a right to an offense, then remember, the devil has a right to hold you in bondage. Click To Tweet
2. Throwing away demonic objects. When Achan brought accursed things into his tent, he destroyed 36 good soldiers, along with him and his family. Reference Judges 7:24-25. When you bring charms, dream catchers, demonic literature, demonic paintings, demonic rings and etc it’s an invitation of demons to attack your health.Sometimes God heals by anointing, other times by you standing on Gods promises. Click To Tweet
3. Treating Gods word like medicine. He sent His word and healed them Psalm 107:20. When we take God’s word like medicine by meditating, speaking, reading, listening – it has the power to bring healing in our body. Let’s not forget it was the word of God that created our world, it’s powerful enough to change it. Like medicine, God’s word does not work unless it goes into you. Medicine does not work right away, it takes few minutes so is with Gods word, be patient its working in the invisible realm for your good. Sometimes God heals by anointing, other times by you standing on Gods promises.Many of us forget things we should remember and remember things we should forget. Click To Tweet
4. Listening to testimonies. The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy Revelation 19:10. Every fruit has a seed in it so that once you finish eating the fruit you can plant that seed for another fruit. The same goes with testimonies. They have the power to produce in people the ability to receive from Jesus. David relied on the testimony of his own miracles to fuel his faith for Gods miraculous intervention in his present battles. many of us forget things we should remember (like God’s faithfulness), and remember things we should forget (our past).
5. Coming in contact with holy objects. The first one is holy communion. If there are physical consequences to taking communion in unworthy manner (1 Corinthians 11:27-30), then there are benefits to our healing as we take the body of our Lord Jesus. The second one is anointing oil. Jesus instructed disciples to pray with it. Apostles practiced praying with anointing oil. (Reference: Mark 6:13; James 5:14-16). The third one is handkerchiefs Acts 19:12. Jesus’ clothes transferred power to bring healing. Healing comes from Jesus but at times He can use someones clothes as point of contact for His power to manifest. The last one is water. Two cases in the Bible where God used the medium of water to bring healing to someone. Reference 2 Kings 5; John 5.Faith is like the eye. It’s not meant to see itself but the object in front of it. Faith is meant to see Jesus and the finished work. Click To Tweet
6. Prayer of faith. Faith is like the eye. It’s not meant to see itself but the object in front of it. Faith is meant to see Jesus and the finished work. When two believers join in faith looking to Jesus, God promises to release healing according to James 5:15. No matter how small our faith is, what matters is who our faith is in. Our faith can be small but our God is big. I would rather have small faith in big God and big faith in small God.In the presence of God healing is like breathing. It’s easy. Click To Tweet
7. Atmosphere of the presence of God. The Bible says, the power of God was present to heal Luke 5:17. Sometimes there are moments in worship or during service where the presence of God comes tangibly, we should release our faith in those moments and receive our healing. In the presence of God healing is like breathing. It’s easy.Word of knowledge makes it easier to receive faith. Click To Tweet
8. The word of knowledge. Gifts of the Holy Spirit are given to bring God’s glory on the scene. There are gifts of healings, working of miracles, gift of faith and gift of word of knowledge 1 Corinthians 12:8. Anytime a word of knowledge is released, faith is given to the person who receives that word of knowledge. Word of knowledge makes it easier to receive faith. It sends a powerful reminder to the person that God knows them and identified them for a miracle.In general sickness is demonic oppression but there are cases where demon is behind the sickness and unless we cast out the devil, person will never be healed. Click To Tweet
9. Deliverance from demons. There are demons called “spirit of infirmity” and “dump and deaf spirit” and many others whose sole job is to bring sickness and disease Luke 13:12. Jesus went about healing all who were oppressed by the devil Acts 10:38. In general sickness is demonic oppression but there are cases where demon is behind the sickness and unless we cast out the devil, person will never be healed. We have to allow the Holy Spirit to help us discern the difference.
10. Making a vow. Many of the great generals of God were healed after they made a vow to serve God. Hannah received her child after she made a vow to dedicate her little boy to serve God. At times, God is calling us for a particular thing to do on this earth and we are hesitant to respond. But when sickness strikes and we say YES to God, many times God will step in and heal us to be able to use us for His purpose. It’s important that those vows are kept and not broken. As with Samson when the Nazarite vow was broken he lost his vision, freedom and even life.Sickness is not your identity. Jesus is your identity. Click To Tweet
I found out many people lose their healing. My question became how to keep your healing? The answer may surprise you. You keep your healing the same way you keep your salvation. When symptoms reappear, don’t accept them. Sickness is not your identity. Jesus is your identity. Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, not a garbage dump for the devil. Don’t change your confession when symptoms come back. Tell those symptoms that they have the wrong address. Tell them to go back to hell where they came from. Keep declaring that you are a healthy person fighting sickness, not a sick person trying to get healthy.
Here are few prayer points to pray for healing.
1. Son of David have mercy on me. Let Your mercy and favor speak for me.
2. The same Holy Spirit Who raised Jesus from the dead quickens my mortal body. Jehovah Rapha is my covenant healer, and with the stripes of Jesus, I was and am healed.
3. Whatever God has not planted in my body, get out and be disgraced now.
4. Every agent of sickness working against my health disappear, in the name of Jesus.
5. I release miracles of healing in my body in the name of Jesus. I believe God for miracles of healing in my life and in my family wherever I go in Jesus’ name.
Get weekly blogs in your email